AMI Tourist Vietnam
+ (84-8) 3589 0045 - info@amitourist.com
About Us | Contact US AMI Tourist Vietnam


Da Lat destination Ho Xuan Huong Lake Da Lat Da Lat destinations

Da Lat Overview:

Da Lat has known under many romantic names as the City of Loves, the Foggy City, the Pine Forest City, the Flowers City, Le petit Paris… That is a city in Lam Vien Highland, Lam Dong Province, 310km from Ho Chi Minh City to the Northwest. Situated at 1500m above the sea level, surrounding by mountains and forests, DaLat is in good temperate all year around. It used to be the residential area of Lat, Chil and K’Hor people.
In 1983, Alexandre Yersin , a French Doctor, did a survey trip from Saigon ( Ho Chi Minh City nowadays) past over the land of Ethnic people in the highland to the central coast. On June 21, 1983, Alexandre Yersin has reached Lam Vien Highland. In 1987, French Governor, Mr. Paul Doumer wanted to find a place to built a resort for French officers and people who were living in Viet Nam and he decided to choose Lam Vien highland, that submission was from Doctor Alexandre Yersin.
In the beginning of 20th century, Da Lat was a deserted area. French people were built up many constructions as Villas, Offices, Hotels, School and even a tourist center. Da Lat became the best romantic City in Viet Nam thanks to its wonderful scenes with natural lakes, mountains, valleys, pines forests and hundreds kinds of flowers. That was not just a Little Paris but Paradise.
Nowadays, Da Lat became one of the main destinations for local people to choose for their vacation. Hundreds of Hotels were built, tourists can find very easy either a guest house or a Hotel 5*. Unfortunately, the waves of immigrants and the rushing urbanization processing were destroyed the gifts from nature to this area.
Many Pine forest were gone, replaced for new constructions or farm of agriculture. The old romantic City has replaced by a modern City which is “self- developed”, without planning.
Da Lat be changed her face!




Tourist Attractions in Da Lat

Xuan Huong Lake

Xuan Huong Lake

Xuan Huong Lake is located right in the heart of the City, surrounding by mountains and Pine Hills. That is not a nature Lake. This place was a valley with a stream crossing over, the upstream was Cam Ly Waterfall. In 1919, French people were built a dam to block the stream that became a lake its name was Grand Lac.
In 1953, Grand Lac was renamed Xuan Huong Lake.
Xuan Huong Lake is the first feature of Da Lat.
There is another old construction that is Thuy Ta, a coffee bar. Thuy Ta was built on the water near the bank of Xuan Huong Lake. That is a small white house with a large balcony in the back that is the best place for viewing Da Lat City.



Doi Cu ( Golf Course)

 Doi Cu ( Golf Course)

Doi Cu ( or Cu hill) is the hill and valleys up and down in the center of Da Lat City, next to Xuan Huong Lake. Without Xuan Huong Lake and Cu Hill, it is not Da Lat. Cu Hill was a restrict area for construction. It used to be the 9 holes Golf Course that was quite famous in the South East Asia. Doi Cu nowadays is the 18 holes Golf Course.



Bao Dai Palace – Dinh III

Bao Dai Palace – Dinh III

Bao Dai was the last King of Viet Nam. Bao Dai Palace III was built in 1933-1938 on the top of the hill and large area with flower gardens in front and back yards. The palace was built to Western architectural style.
This palace is preserved and open to public. In the ground floor, that was place for receiving guests, Bao Dai office, meeting room, entertain room and others. The first floor was the living room and bed rooms of Bao Dai King, Nam Phuong Queen, Princesses and Princes.



Lam Dong Museum

Lam Dong Museum

Lam Dong Museum situated on a nice Hill that looked down to a valley and opened view to Da Lat City. That place displayed many custom and historical objects of local people in Lam Vien ( or Lang Biang ) highland. The Museum was belong to Mr. Nguyen Huu Hao, father in law of Bao Dai King.



Domain de Marie Church

Domain de Marie Church

Domain de Marie Church situated on Mai Anh Hill, around 1km from Da Lat Center. It also called Mai Anh Church as there were a lot of Cherry flowers on that hill. It was built in 1930-1943 with the old Western style. ( 17th century)
This church has no Bell Tower as most of the others. There is a statue of Maria standing on the globe which designed by a French architect in 1943. The statue is 3meters height and 1ton weight, was offered by Mrs. Suzanne Humbert, she was a wife of Mr. Decoux, “ Toan Quyen Dong Duong “ ( the Indochina Governor ) under the French Colonial period. When she died because of a car accident at Prenn Pass, she was buried at this Church.
Besides the religion, Domain de Marie Church has doing some charity works for helping the orphanages.



Truc Lam Pagoda

Truc Lam Pagoda

Truc Lam Pagoda ( Thien Vien Truc Lam in Vietnamese) is not just a biggest and nicest Pagoda in Da Lat. That also is one of most attractive destination for tourists. Situated on the top of Phoenix Mountain, the main gate fronts view to a mountain and the beautiful Tuyen Lam Lake right at the bottom, 140steps down from the pagoda . It was built in 1993-1994, and was designed by Vu Xuan Hung and Tran Duc Loc architects and Ngo Viet Thu’s ideas ( Ngo Viet Thu is a famous Vietnamese architect who was designed for Reunification Hall in Ho Chi Minh City ) . The abbot of Truc Lam Pagoda is Thich Thanh Tu Monk.



Datanla Waterfall

Datanla Waterfall

Datanla Waterfall is around 6 km from Da Lat City, on Prenn Pass. It was relevant for people who like adventure. This waterfall is in a deep valley with a stable source of water in the upstream for the whole year. The water goes down from 20m height to an area called “ Suoi Tien”, the Fairy Stream. Tourist likes to walk into this very cool and transparent water.
For tourist’s convenience, there is a nice road to go down to the waterfall or tourist can use the chutes’s system for sliding down or be pulling up.



Prenn Waterfall

Prenn Waterfall

Prenn Waterfall in Lam Dong is a peaceful waterfall with the height is 10m that the water coming down to a small lake next to a high hill which full of the Pine trees.
Prenn waterfall situated right at the bottom of Prenn Pass, around 10km to Da Lat, on the national highway 20.



Da Lat Su Quan

Da Lat Su Quan

Da Lat Su Quan is as a large showroom of X-Q , Embroidery Company in Da Lat. X-Q are the abbreviation of the name of two artists, they are also a couple, the husband is Vo Van Quan and the wife is Hoang Le Xuan. X-Q is from Quan & Xuan.
X-Q Embroidery Company is well known with its special Embroidery products. In Da Lat Su Quan, it showed the inspiration for the artists, how they worked and completed a work.
In 1994, X-Q Da Lat was set up as a group with 20 artists. Now X-Q Company is operating with 3,000 embroiderers ( more than 2,000 artists and 6 Affiliated Companies in both domestic and abroad). One of its famous works is “ Khuc hat nguon coi” with the size 330 x 280cm was embroidered by 9 artists and it took 235 days to accomplish.



Crazy house

Crazy house

Crazy house or “ Cung Hang Nga” is a strange architectural works. Open in 1999 and became one of the attraction site for most of domestic and international tourists.



Lang Biang Mountain

Lang Biang Mountain

Lang Biang is a name of a mountain in Lam Vien ( Lang Biang ) highland, around 11km from Da Lat City to the West. The main tribe in Lang Biang is Lat people and many Kinh people nowadays. Due to the economic development, those Ethnic people changed their life: houses, clothes ..but still keep their traditional custom. As other hill tribe people, Lat people worship the God of mountain, water…
Lang Biang is the highest mountain of Lam Vien Highland ( 2,169m above the sea level) . There is a small road from the bottom of Lang Biang Mountain to the top. It takes around 20minutes by Jeep. For adventure tourist, they preferred to walk up over hill to hill through the pine forest. From the top of Lang Biang Mountain, the whole view of Da Lat City opened in your sight.



Records from 1 to 11 , Total: 11 items
Go back

BACK TO TOP